goschman
(Iliff Ave)
May 13, 2016, 7:23pm
41
Delo:
That’s funny. Didnt even realize it. I guess the harbor freight catalog was the closest thing at the time…
Iliff Ave:
Really cool! How did you end up using the rice? Cook and then into the mash?
My rice lager keg should just about be kicked. I enjoyed it but ultimately came to the conclusion that the sake-tea character was a bit too much.
Cooked and added to mash with the cooking water. I did similar to what stpug had suggested, except I broke up the rice with a immersion blender before i cooked it. I also wasnt paying attention and some of the rice burned and stuck to the bottom of the pot while I was cooking it. I probably lost some gravity points on that but at least it didnt have a burnt taste to it. A sake/tea character still sounds good. Would you make it again with less characters. If I do one again, I’ll probably will try a rice like basmati to see if the flavor comes through.
I have considered doing it again at some point and cutting down the sake and tea by at least 25%. I used 4 oz of tea in in the French press with a full bottle of sake which yielded 16 oz of the infusion. I probably documented that earlier in this thread…