Citra, Amarillo & Simcoe

[quote]I think I must be one of the few homebrewers who doesn’t really care for Citra.  Just too weirdly fruity for my tastes.  I know of least a couple commercial brewers who fell the same way.
[/quote]

I tried it in a single hop APA and didn’t care for it, but I like in mixed with piney C hops or amarillo

I used a .5 oz 60 min bittering charge of simcoe along with same of columbus, for a NW IPA with centennial and cascade flavor and aroma and dryhops (+ more columbus for dryhops), and got no cattiness from the simcoe, although it was a pretty small addition.

I tried it in a single hop APA and didn’t care for it, but I like in mixed with piney C hops or amarillo

[/quote]

I think Citra overwhelms other hops flavor and (esp) aroma contributions, much like Nelson. I throttle the amount of Citra back when using it in combination with other hops.

LOVE it for dryhopping and FWH, when in moderation.

I had a lot of success with Columbus as bittering and late additions of Citra.  Would probably compliment the other citrusy hops really well too.