Heh heh, I was down in Cinci last summer to do some bar hopping with a friend. We stopped by Listermann Brewing and I left Dan a message that the Brews & Views came calling & that we would be back the next day to share a beer, he did not show. Was probably lounging on his riverbank oasis, the beer(s) were all good.
Hmmm… homebrewing is a fairly small world. I’d think all of these forums are on the same team. Seeing you denigrate another homebrewing forum is disappointing.
no. i wasn’t going to get into it, and won’t further than to say HBT has a strange vibe often, and is heavy on text, light on hard content. I think the rules are to stay on topic here (this forum) more strictly, and I like it. it even keeps me in line, because i don’t want to lose access to this valuable method of crowdsourcing info/answers.
Y’all must be reading different threads than I read. Plenty of great content and traffic at HBT. Maybe you guys are thinking of Reddit. I’m not even sure why I’m on there.
Hands down, the AHA forum is the best. We have learned a great deal from this forum. It was actually here that I was introduced to Diamond Lager Yeast.
And another big thank-you to Denny, as he encouraged us to try it.
As most of you know, we are not into the crazy-hazy beer thing, IPA’s, Rooty-Fruity beers, etc.
Our brewing preference is classic beers. Mostly Euro style lagers, with a few British beers from time to time.
The advice provided on this forum has proven to be very, very helpful. Thanks to everyone here for the educational input!
I think HBT and this forum are two different beasts. HBT has way more activity. There is good and bad information there. There are so many people there that some subtopics have the same level activity as this forum. That can be nice if you’re really into that subtopic. This forum is general home brewing at a slower pace than HBT. I like that. I can get to know the personalities and learn whose advice works for me (maybe they have similar tastes or like the same styles) and whose doesn’t (maybe they brew hazies ;).
PS. I think this forum is an older demographic also. Kinder gentler…