New German Only(Brewing) site and forum

Yup. Guess it depends on how big a douche the speaker is in general and what their intentions are for using the foreign language. Is it legitimate or only to impress people with their knowledge?

For some reason that I don’t understand I’ve been banned from this forum. I e-mailed the administrator twice, once a couple of days ago and again today, and am still waiting for an explanation.

You are not brewing lagers with the “it” factor yet. You need to read more german language brewing texts.  :wink:

Wow. I would think you’d have been warned repeatedly and given an ironclad reason for the ban. Guess brewing forums are not all created equal.  :wink:

Are you sure it was a ban and not just some sort of system error? I couldn’t get on the AHA forum for a couple of days and when I did I stole others avatars.

i’m still able to get in.

American here, by way of Wales, and I often say the same thing. I like english styles, and belgian styles, but am not really a fan of german beers. The occasional dobbelbock or black lager might sneak past if there’s nothing interesting available but in general, I shy away from the german styles.

I guess not. Without knowing exactly what I posted that was so heinous I have no way to explain, defend, or, if upon further reflection of the “offending” post deeming it called for, apologize.

I definitely got a “You are permanently banned” message when I tried to log on.

And now I can’t even get on just to have a look. Whatever I posted that bothered someone must have been HORRIFIC. I should be ashamed of myself; I would be if I knew what it was.

Maybe it was your tag line about hairy women.

It’s a shame about the language barrier as German homebrewers don’t mix as much with Anglo brewers as Brits, American & Australians seem to mix with each other online. If there’s any way of improving links with sites such hobbybrauer.de I think it would help American brewers nail that elusive German flavour.

1 Like

I enjoy browsing that site with google translate, especially the “Illustrated Brewing” forum where people post pictures of their brewing processes for various beers.  I’ve learned that German home-brewers are very particular in their process and innovative in their methods.  Decoctions or “multiple process” beers seem to be popular.  I don’t know that you’ll find the secrets of the false label “it”, though you’ll most certainly get a kick out of some of the hardware and processes.

Yes step mashes are very common. Lots of interest in American pale ales and new world hops, as well as lots of other non-German styles.

There’s also a nice german homebrewers’ recipe database at the link below. Choose style etc on the left to filter results.

Prost!
http://maischemalzundmehr.de

I can’t wait, my next beer will have “it”, whatever “it” is. Informative information that is over my head=good.

Nah, that would be utterly ridiculous, but then again since they can’t be bothered to answer my e-mail queries who knows maybe the real reason is even more absurd.

I’ve had intense verbal sparring matches with members of that forum here and they welcomed me over there.

You must have said or done something to get banned. Or it’s a mistake.

Yeah…I bet they think you are after their women…

And that is why this forum is so fantastic. Mature moderation. And I think we accept members more readily.

I guess I did, but heck if I know what. I’m still waiting for an answer from them to my last e-mail question: “How come?”