Kilt wearing

Also, funny story. Wore my kilt to a buddy’s wedding in Chicago, afterwards we walked to Millennium Park to do photos and then lunch at the restaurant attached to the new wing of the Art Institute. To get to the restaurant you have to go up a foot bridge, and there’s a security guard there. He made my buddy drink and throw away his water bottle for ‘safety reasons.’ I walked right past. As soon as we got in the restaurant, my buddy said, “Dude, he made me throw away a bottle of water but he let you just waltz right in with a friggin’ knife in your sock and a flask of whisky in your sporran!”

Speaking of security theater, every time I go through an airport with my kilt (well, just the once actually) I pack it carry-on. Only time I took it with me, the TSA guy going through my luggage pulls my stuff aside for secondary screening, as soon as he sees the kilt and sporran he says, “hey, nice kilt!” And that’s it, off to the gate. Again with liquor and sgian dubh.

I dunno.  I think I’d want you wearing it on the plane.  Terrorist vs. dude in kilt.  My money’s on the dude in kilt.  Ask the Roman Empire how that worked out.  Oh, that’s right, they aren’t around any more.

Nice weddings pics, btw.

Interesting how others perceptions can become skewed while wearing a kilt. Is it an intimidation factor?

Perhaps lifting the kilt would be pretty scary.  :wink:

…oh and nice wedding shots.

Ha! Exactly. I’ve got a weapon of mass destruction to show ya right heeeere, buddy!

I’d like to think we have Braveheart to thank for that.

Figures.  I had a bottle opener confiscated at the airport in Denver because it had that little 1 inch blade that you use to scrape the wax off of the bottle.  Ridiculous.  There are more dangerous things already on the plane.

I’d put my money on the guy in a kilt too… A bottle opener? You could mess someone up with a pencil or magazine ala Jason Bourne style easier than that tiny dull blade.

Considering I live in ‘New Scotland’ I’m fine with the kilt.  I wanted to wear one at my own wedding, but didn’t for 2 reasons:

  1. the price
  2. it was much easier to do nothing and let my wife plan everything  :wink:

One man’s kilt is another man’s dress.  ;D

There’s a guy in my office who wore kilts for years. When he turned 40 he said screw it.

Now, he wears skirts - with blouses (with a stuffed bra), nylons and painted nails (hot pink is one of his favorite colors to use) every day.  But he is not effeminate.  He’s not trying to look like a woman.  Apparently, he just prefers women’s clothes/fashions and decided he didn’t care what anyone thought anymore.

We’re all used to it in the office, but I can imagine what visitors who see him must think…  lol

That is all.

I am with you Weaz. There is nothing like wearing a kilt!

I’m open to suggestions, and damn the neighbors. What I want to know, is: How is it crawling in and out of a truck bed with these things, or up on a roof?.. I’ll stick with baggy shorts.

Uhhh…bad visual.  ;D

Anytime someones complains to me I tell them “Nothing you haven’t seen before. Just more of it.”  ;D

Not worried about flashing, I’m talking about crashing!

Does he have facial hair?

That artist is so funny I never get sick of it. I’d just post that comic but you must explore…

No, he doesn’t.  Here’s a pic of him from his kilt/pre-skirt & bra wearing days (waist up shot though):
(Pic removed - don’t want that to come back & bite me!  lol)

Ok I can see wearing a blouse and skirt for comfort. But a padded bra? Even women complain about them. The dude’s a transvestite. Maybe not gay, but definitely a transvestite.