Big plastic box from Wally’s or wherever you cheapest box store is. Keeping it in the bag, though.
Yeah, I’m right there with you. I have a big rubbermaid tub and leave the sacks in it. The sack deals with the environment and the tub deals with the critters. Seems to have worked so far.
Hey, you can check out for Vittles vaults and Costco. Well, I had bought this a year ago for my dog, but I have to change the box as the holes in it was keeping attract to the pests like critters, and rats to feed on the food I use to keep in that box for my dog. It was happening not only with the dog food, but the pests were around the food we use to eat at home and was chewing on our food items also. So finally we took the decision of calling the exterminator NYC for destroying the pest and getting rid of them fully.
Me too, they are great…
These are what I use. I like the wheels and the price. I have had to glue the wheels in, as they will fall out if the container comes off the ground. They’ll hold just over a full bag of malt.
I have two of these as well, they are excellent for the price. I removed the wheels completely as they never stayed in place anyway.
Another vote here for the buckets with gamma lids. cheap and easy!!
I use exactly the same thing for my base malts and some specialty malts, which are kept in the plastic bags that I get from my LHBS. I also have buckets with screw tight sealing lids that will hold about 7 lbs of grain that I store some of my more frequently used specialty malts.
+1. Hold about 20#. For specialty malt in small amounts I like 2 qt Mason jars.