IPA - need hops suggestion

lemony tropical, tangerine dankness - sounds perfect to me, thanks

From where?  Did you have to order 16x1 oz or can you get a pound somewhere?

tom:

haven’t seen them in full pound offerings, but you can order them here at a 1oz clip, but $20 for a pound of individually wrapped ounces isn’t too terrible IMO.

http://www.rebelbrewer.com/shoppingcart/products/Falconers-Flight-Hops-1oz-Pellets.html

A guy in our club has connections…;)  We ordered multiple lbs.

You can find the Falconers Flight blend here, and can buy in an 8 oz. package for $8.95.

Pssst - they still have Simcoe.

Must be nice ;D

If I can’t get any through my connections (email sent) I guess I’ll be ordering from Rebel or Morebeer.

Although morebeer says Simcoe is out of stock . . . :frowning:

Edit - 8 oz packages are out

Glad I bought 10 oz  (8+2) Simcoe from them last month.

I’m putting my order together, and I’ve decided to actually get 2 oz packages instead of 8 oz.  It’s worth an extra dollar to me to not have to repackage them when I get them.

I don’t know if my connections will come through on the Falconer’s Flight, but I’ll get some for sure somehow.  I love the idea of measuring out a couple of ounces of this to dry hop instead of 1/2 oz of this and 1/2 oz of that, and then you have a bunch of half used packages.  I hate half used packages of hops.

This is good to know…I might place an order for some of The Falconers Flight. It sounds like a great blend plus some of the proceeds go to a good cause.

sounds like someone needs to invest in a vacuum sealer  :wink:

I have one, just got it.  Maybe it will bother me less now :slight_smile:

Summit is a great citrusy hop (tangerines) to consider along with Citra (tropical fruits).

I recently made a DIPA with Magnum, Summit, Simcoe, Cascade, and Citra that really had that “wow” effect from everyone.  It’s possible that, without the amarillo and simcoe, the other hops could still pull off the effect you want.

Thanks, Summit is another hops I have not tried. On the list now.

Denny, I just ordered 11 lbs of Falconer’s Flight to try. Thanks for the advice.

I had it in a black IPA/hoppy porter at a brewpub a couple of weeks ago – apparently the brewer couldn’t make up his mind as to what he’d made :wink:
Great aroma that didn’t quite match the beer. Lots of pine and citrus. I may have to track some down.

Can you get Galaxy?  It’s very popular in Australia, but I don’t know if it’s imported.  Unique passionfruit aroma and flavor.

+1 on Summit.  Good choice.

Gordon…Gordon…Gordon…where have you been?

Glad you’re back though.

I’ve heard Galaxy is hard to get here in the USA  :-\  YMMV

Oh and congrats on the new book!

Got behind on the forum over the holidays when we had guests for 2 weeks and then switched offices where they block access to the forum.  Got behind at stuff at home while working on the book, so I basically couldn’t read it during the day or night.  You miss a few days, and it all really piles up.  Tom bugged me about getting back, so I sucked it up.

Where’s that version for the iphone, anyway?  That would have solved all my problems.  Well, all except the honey-do problems…

;D Glad you’re back.

And I thought he’d abandoned us. :frowning: LIfe (work) gets in the way. Good to see you posting Gordon. You’ll take it up a notch or two.

I was getting ready to start bugging him too…glad you did Tom…Thanks.  :slight_smile:

Anyway…what were we talking about  :-\ Oh yeah…hops for an IPA.

I would like to try some Galaxy in an APA or IPA…never had them before.