Logo Feedback

This!!  I have a FB page for my home brewery that someday I want to make commercial. It gets my name out there and I have made many, many contacts this way.  Much easier to update with news, photos, stories than a traditional website. Plus people are already on FB vs getting someone to navigate to your website. I DO see why people don’t like FB though for personal stuff.

So, on my iPad in Tapatalk I get no link to any facebook page on his post so it is impossible for me to go to the link without opening it in a browser. Use facebook all you want, it can be a great tool. But I don’t think you should expect everyone to use it. And when the guy who owns a brewery and was a graphic designer for 20 years can’t look at your logo that may be a problem. Just sayin’. :wink:

The problem isn’t facebook, or the inability to open a link in Tapatalk. The problem is that OP messed up the hyperlink.

Probably because the link is malformed…

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.531379860253336.1073741828.472404139484242&type=1&l=61c87d2437

I was bored while waiting for a CIP cycle to finish, so I linked in all the pics to this post.

IMO Facebook (and other social media outlets) carry more problems based on the way users behave than what FB does with your information. FB builds profiles from its users that it sells to its advertisers and other marketing entities. It’s an unavoidable process on the internet these days. Pretty much any major website uses your information, from account specific info to your clicks, to advertise to you. If you use a search engine, it is creating an advertising profile. Google is definitely the master of profiling its users. It combines all your search, youtube, gmail, etc. content and clicks to create specific search engine results and advertising. Google isn’t the only one doing it. All the search engine and free email providers do it. The news websites and forum websites are also very big into it. Anything you do online is “content” that can be used to shape advertising. The internet is a great resource but it isn’t free because content providers like you. You’re the product.

I think #1 is the best one. I could see it on a shirt or pint glass. It does a fair job of branding. I think it i s a good starting point but would like to see it refined.

One thing I will say is first thing I think of when I see ever single one of these logos is “children’s coloring book”. Little too cutesy, all of them.

And sorry for side tracking the discussion to the merits/demerits of facebook. My bad. :stuck_out_tongue:

It kinda reminds me of when I out together a promo package for my studio.  worked my butt off on it and I was quite proud of the results.  I showed it to a client who ran an ad agency and he said “I’ll have one of our designers call you”.

Is Mothra available for licensing? That is a big bug.

Well, I’m definitely not asking what y’all think of my logo now. :o

I agree that #1 is the best. #12 (the bottle cap) is also pretty distinct, but would probably have to be a solid color to be reproducible. Anything with a “weathered” look isn’t going to translate well (knit logo for shirts or hats?).

I like Tom’s suggestion too. If you’re going to be a bug, be a badass bug.

I’m not a graphic designer, and I hate FB, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. None of the images make me think of a big bug. Either change the name to little bug, use one of Tom’s bugs, or talk to the Mothra people.

I’m also a fan of the first logo, as it is the easiest to read and has character. I’m a Facebook user and understand that everyone doesn’t participate, but think it’s a valuable resource for many.

Now that I’ve seen them…

Of the ones posted I’d choose #1 also.  For the same reasons as others have said.  I think I would go for a more detailed, bigger bug.  Nothing that looks like it could eat the kids or anything.  The ones posted get the idea across but don’t really stick with you.

Sorry for riding the Facebook alt.thread.  8^(  My only redeeming grace there is you should have seen the rant I didn’t post.  That one would have gotten the thread locked.

Good luck on the brewery planning!

Paul

For what it’s worth, I like #2.

Here are my first thoughts on some of your logos. I deleted any where my only comments would be repeats from previous.

This one says party like it’s 1999 and we’re using WordArt to make a free logo.  I don’t like this bug shape as much as the other one. And I don’t know why it’s on an egg.

I like clean designs, so I like this bug shape the best. It’s modern and clean.

Repeat the 1999 WordArt comment for the semi-circle text. Also, the font is funny, but it doesn’t say anything about your company.

I like this concept - The oversized design is one of the few that makes the bug seem BIG.

Are these eyes?

Not bad - Your name is easily read and understood. The font is unique but doesn’t detract from remembering the logo. Again, I like the other bug better.

Meh

1999 and difficult to read font

Trainwreck

This and the one above are my favorites. Nice bold, easy to read letters. A downfall is there are plenty of other breweries with banner-style logos so this might not stand out.

Do you put eggs in your beer?

It really bothers me that the first and last letters don’t line up on the bottom.

man the engi-nerds ruin everything.

…I noticed it hours ago.  ;D

Bug +egg=larvae <appealing

Think tipsy sarcastic customers
Big bug,  bad bug,  bed bug, lady bug, aphids, hops with aphids

I would make big bug bigger than brewery. Its big but not as big as brewery. Maybe just a big bug and no words. Kind of like the white album. It didn’t say white album on it. Let the customer be smart and figure it out.

“Friends don’t let friends drink bad beer”

This guy asked for feedback and he sure got it.

Almost like a “command climate survey” in the Army.

I actually really like that idea. I’m picturing a giant ladybug looking down on a tiny factory.

Agree with some of what mntrockclimber said but, the thing is, the designs he liked the best don’t really show the type you are going to use which is important. Typography may be the most important aspect in graphic design. The way your name is read says as much about you as you branding says. I like #1 (with some reservations) because it works a branding image (the bug) in with your name.  None of the other images do this.