Which brewery should Ron go to first?
Which is the best homebrew club?
1- I still prefer Yellowhammer. But there are quite a few now and I haven’t made the journey west to Rocket Republic since Keith started. Beezr has a big list of lagers right now. I haven’t tried them but I saw them when getting a coffee there Saturday morning.
All tough choices. I’ve been looking around town. Tough to pick areas not knowing them too well. The first AB&B I scheduled I had to cancel. You don’t get the address until you reserve the place, so I reserved it and sent my son to check the area out. He rejected it out right. The second one is in 5-points and down the street from one of his buddies, so my wife is much more comfortable.
We did get a chance to check out Rocket Republic when we were in town over Christmas. Keith makes good beer. Not sure I am ready to be a partner in a brewery as much fun as it could be, and certainly not ready to branch out alone. My brewing has been about 50/50 - I toss as much as I drink. But life is too short to drink bad beer, even when invested in making it.
We went to Yellowhammer one or two trips ago. I like the 1812 - again Keith’s recipe.
Two more months, my wife says I have senioritis right now. We have moved on average every 2 years for the last 30, so being in the same job for 3 is getting long…
All, Thanks for the great suggestions and options. My wife and I are debating between Salty Nut (because of the Name), and Bowler Hat or Beezr (because of the recommendations.) Though we may lean toward the gastropub beer option. Plan to be there by the end of the month.
We are also searching for a pet oncologist. Our 13-year-old Labradoodle is in chemo right now (which appears to be working) for lymphatic cancer. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Ron
Hey Ron that’s awesome! I have moved on from Rocket and I am now working for Cross-Eyed Owl in Decatur. It’s a long drive so I wouldn’t expect anyone to m make it (they are paying my gas, lol) but if you do, let me know and I’ll pour you a few pints.
You should definitely check out Salty Nut–that was Yellowhammer’s first location and we built that taproom and beer garden. The beer is not very good, however. Beezr (Chandler’s Ford) is making some very good lagers. I have not been to Bowler Hat but have heard very mixed reviews.
Thanks for the warning on the beer at Salty Nut. That will make us prioritize other places. Still a good name.
Beezr has a pretty good-looking menu for food too (we are kind of foodies). So sounds like the place to start.
On a separate note, how do I insert pictures? It has been kicking my butt.
I will figure out a time to check out Cross-eyed Owl and let you know when we will be in the area.
Tommy, thanks for the instruction. Looks like it worked.
So, after my retirement ceremony (at the party which is always better than the main event), one of my old shipmates added a great beer glass to my collection. He combined two things I love the most, America and Beer. Matt is a retired Naval officer who now works for the State Department and just finished a detail to the Whitehouse and is preparing for another exciting overseas tour. Whitehouse glasses are available at the WH gift shop, but not the Camp David editions. (Yes, I know the glass is from Camp David, but there isn’t a Lego set for Camp David.)
Now I need a new job, then a new house. I promised my wife a tiki bar in our next house. Unfortunately, several of my beer glasses from overseas have broken over the years. I am taking care of this one. I still have my Guinness glass from James Gate and one from Mack. the northern most brewery in the free world (69N in Tromso Norway.)