Packing it in and getting out of DC

Yea wish I had taken it.  I suspect the Mass Communication Specialist (the new name for the old Photographer’s Mate rating) photo shopped it.  The tem gave me a cool picture of it framed and signed on my way out the door to hang on the wall of my future office.

As a graphics guy, I should have known its photoshopped after closer examination. Still cool.

BTW: If you are interested in buying a brewery when you get here LMK. The brewery you visited me at (Rocket Republic) in Madison is for sale. And it is a literal steal.

…and it has HUGE unrealized potential.

Buy a brewery - that would be one great way to make my wife freak out.

Why is the owner selling?

Yeah, there’s nowhere in DC that looks down on the Pentagon like that.

I think it was likely a picture from a low flying helicopter probably near the Air Force memorial.

Maybe don’t buy it, just invest. I’m trying to get a small group together right now. The entire brewery (everything except the building) could be had for as low as $350K. Need to add fermenters and a pilot system but I have contracts already lined up.

The owner is selling because he is a terrible businessman and has made some idiotic decisions and has failed to take my advice at every turn. He has dumped tons of money into a downtown taproom location that has never made money. To comply with the ABC he has literally put a BrewZilla in a mop closet and is brewing once a month in it so he can call it a “brewpub”. It’s even more comical than this. I have crazy stories about this place for days.

Yea mentioned it to my wife and she popped my bubble. Let me get a new job and get her a house then I’ll look at it.
It sounds fun, but I don’t know anything about it- just know when I like beer and when I don’t.

To be fair, she’s 100% right. Investing in a brewery is a great way to piss away money. :wink:

Reminds me of the old joke - How do you make a small fortune in brewing?  Start with a large fortune……

I totally understand wanting to leave the NOVA area. Best wishes.

BTW, how as an image posted?

Funny I asked the same question a while back. Only way I’ve been able to make it work was using TapTalk on my phone.

If you’re not using the Tapatalk app, I’m pretty sure you have to have somewhere else to upload it and then link to it.

Tap talk is the easiest way to upload. You can also post in another place like FB or photo bucket and use “insert image” button on the left hand side below the “B” bold to link an image.

No. Tapatalk handles that for you.  In Tapatalk just press the button in the yellow square and follow the directions to add a photo.

Well we are here and getting the lay of the land and to know the locals

Planning on Beezr Saturday night if anyone is up for a pint.

Nice! What time are your going to Beezr? I am interested.

My wife and I were thinking 6 ish.
We are open so easy to adjust.

It turns out I am going to Tuscaloosa for dinner with my son. I’ll catch you next time.