Packing it in and getting out of DC

No problem. Enjoy time with your son.

Redstone Arsenal Oktoberfest

From my read of the fine print the US Army and DOD endorse this :wink:

I might could meet up for this!

I love Redstone Oktoberfest! Been a few years

Throwing the deck of cards up in the air is such a bold move. You will do well. Also for community connection you have new homebrew clubs to connect with. Here is the list: https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/homebrew-clubs/find-a-homebrew-club/

All the best and enjoy the change.

Julia

Keith, Tommy. Yep I put the RedStone Octoberfest in the calendar so good place to connect.

Thanks for the list Julia.
Ron

I’m interested in the Redstone Oktoberfest also.

What a day is good for everyone?

Keith is your brewery going to be at the event?

My brother and mom will visit for my birthday over the same dates as O’fest so I won’t be there. She’s in her 90(s) so this won’t be her thing.

Besides, drinking on the Arsenal is personal a rule violation. If you do go on the installation and drink even 1 beer I highly recommend a driver. I guarantee heavy LEO pressure.

Disclaimer: Any comment I add is simply the way I brew beer. There are certainly other ways that can be equally effective which other brewers may contribute. This is what I’ve found that works for me using my equipment and processes so I offer this for your consideration. YMMV

Yea my personal rule is 0 to drive, even though my body mass supports 2 for the legal limit. I have had to “hold accountable “ sailors who screwed up and so made sure I never even come close to anything that looks sketchy.
The advent of Uber make it so easy to not be an idiot.
Uber and the bases can be a challenge though. They frequently can’t get access unless they are retired or active duty.

Since this is an ‘open to the public’ event and given the ‘if you drink don’t drive’ campaign I’m sure will be in place, I imagine Uber will be admitted.

Disclaimer: Any comment I add is simply the way I brew beer. There are certainly other ways that can be equally effective which other brewers may contribute. This is what I’ve found that works for me using my equipment and processes so I offer this for your consideration. YMMV

I would hope so, otherwise I have to figure out which cabs can get on base. 
It was so much simpler when my kids were at the prime age of over 16 and licensed to drive and under 21.  Now they are all old enough to drink (and don’t live at home) - we lost our DDs.

Well dang. I’ll be getting back from the beach that Saturday. It’s possible I can make it Sunday but not sure. As far as if XEO beers will be there I’ll find out.

I can do any of the days for the Oktoberfest.

We are pretty open too
Unemployed = lots of free time :wink:

Anyone interested in a beer today or tonight?

Sorry. I am taking a pmp course this weekend.  Have to get my hours of course work done so I can register for the exam early next week so I can get my certificate the following week.
Next weekend May work a little better for us.

Good luck with the training.

Thanks. Tough to sit through the web based lectures- people aren’t paying attention making him re- explain everything 3 or 4 times.  Got to log the hours to get credit for the class to take the exam.
Should have done this last month.

Thinking of making another run a Beezr this week - Wednesday night if anyone is up for it.

Also, anyone know a good engine mechanic?  My son has my old 2011 Jeep wrangler (3.8L, the engine class is notorious for burning oil) and it needs some work, hopefully not a new engine.  Looking for someone that won’t rip me off.

Also, any suggestions or warnings on homebuilders?  Everything we have found with an updated kitchen (I owe my wife a really good kitchen after 30 years of living in military housing, aka spend the least amount possible to make a space habitable housing) has a grey kitchen and walls.  Looking at building with Woodland homes so she can get the colors she wants. 
Thanks
Ron