Other hobbies?

Fishing,Golf,hunting,and Lions football.

Brewing is the only thing I consider an active hobby these days. I spend a good amount of time brewing/reading about beer/writing on my blog. I’m also trying to get my law firm off the ground so that’s most of my day, every day. Otherwise, I workout, cook, do a bad job gardening and on rare occasion write music very poorly. I used to work on writing music as a more serious hobby but I haven’t been feeling it over the past couple years. I’m sure I’ll come back around to it when I’m less stressed about work.

I love to cook and usually do every meal from scratch.

I also love Cardinals baseball.

But lately my time has been devoted to house hunting and wedding planning. I’m really looking forward to expanding the brewery once I get a house, but this whole house shopping thing is a bit much. It really cuts into my brewing time!

I tried to ride every day over the summer with pretty good success.  Now that schools back in session, the bike will sit in the garage until next year.  I don’t think I can fit the girls into the saddle bags or double stack them on the back.

My garden gets little attention, but I make time for BBQ (easy, because I can do other things while the smoker does its thing).  I’m not sure it’s a hobby, but I do a lot of repairs/remodeling/maintenance around the house.  I wrench on cars a fair bit, but again it’s more maintenance at this point than hobby.  I suppose my other hobby could be described as fixing stuff whats broke.

I guess brewing has become my main hobby, but my other hobbies depends on where I am.  When we are in Maui, surfing, snorkeling, kayaking, fishing…basically anything water related.  When we are in Colorado, camping, hiking, mountain biking, shooting (not a hunter but enjoy shooting), fishing (although I am a horrible fresh water fisherman but still enjoy the experience).

My wife just yelled out “Don’t forget your fantasy sports!”  I guess she’s right since I’m currently in 2 fantasy football leagues, one baseball league and a NASCAR fantasy league.  Then again, as I remind my wife, the fantasy leagues are the only hobby I actually make money on!

I love to cook/ bbq, but I wouldn’t consider that much of a hobby since my wife doesn’t cook…it’s more of a necessity!  Uh oh, she read this so you may not see me on here for a while  ;D

Well, I was a high school football referee for 20 years.  Got to work a semi-final game, and a 3A Final before I quit, and turned brewing into a second job.

Trying to figure out how to play bass is about all the extra hobby I have time for (young kid, lot’s of overtime at work etc.)

I used to write and act but not much time left.

Working out, but that sort of a maintenance thing more than a hobby.

A bass player!  No wonder we hit it off!

The AT was 15 minutes from my house so we went there often. A lot of the places I can’t remember the names now but Horse Shoe trail near lower Susquehanna and lots of day hikes around Pine Grove Furnace and Doublin Gap. Went lots of place with Scouts and really don’t remember all the locations.

We went backpacking in PA once. Great view from the campsite of flashing lights and sirens all night in the valley.

Homebrewing is my  hobby obsession lifestyle these days.

I do work out, mainly so that I can I do heavy lifting required when brewing. Travel has been a passion for 25 years, and now it also involves beer related destinations.

This summer I got an old 12 speed road bike to ride around town.

There area few adventures I still want to do. Another river trip through the Grand Canyon is on my bucket list. Some long hikes too, but my wife is not so much into those these days.

Competition shooting. Alcohol (beer making), tobacco (smoking a fine cigar), and firearms (competition)! Party time! We only discuss firearms when enjoying beer and a fine cigars.  ;D

I like you already!  We call this an ATF gathering.

I’m familiar with the area. I have friends there and possibly a job opportunity in Adams county. Pine Grove furnace is where AT thru hikers do the half gallon challenge, where they eat a half gallon of ice cream at the halfway point of the trail, right?

Lol, that’s it!
Its fun. I’m more of a guitar guy, just barely more. But there’s a million guitar guys. Not many basses.

Similar situation here. I played guitar for 6 or 7 years before I got my first bass, so I think of myself as a guitarist first and foremost. But everyone else plays guitar, so when it comes down to jamming/bands/etc., I always end up playing bass because everyone else plays guitar. Plus, my bass looks so much nicer than most of my guitars.

I have a hobby that involves the next step after the fermentation process, but we’re not allowed to talk about on this forum.  I find this pretty amusing because homebrewing used to be illegal too, until homebrewers worked hard to have homebrewing made legal.

This other hobby suffers from erroneous myths that are repeated by many out of ignorance of the subject.  The hobby is involved in a new craft renaissance on the commercial level.  Take my word for it.  Doing it a home will become as common as homebrewing someday, once again.  We just have to overcome all of the BS myths that surround it.

Not sure what you’re talking about. You’ll either go blind or grow hair or your palms!  ;D

But it feels so good!  Can I do it till I need glasses?

Brewing is my hobby. The other stuff is just stuff I like to do: Ride my motorcycle ('03 Triumph Bonneville T100), hike, read, cook…