What do you all do when not working or making beer (or drinking it)? Me, I build musical instruments Check out http://wildmeadowdulcimers.blogspot.com/ for pictures of my work.
Oh, man, those are gorgeous! Wish I hadn’t sold mine years ago!
incredible
Fly fish.
Beautiful work there stlaleman!
Wonderful craftsmanship!
Beautiful work. I can’t compete with that, but I like to fish, watch sports, and cook. I make damn good wood smoked BBQ and am an all-around excellent cook.
What do you mean other hobby? I don’t get it.
I have kids and I brew. Not sure I could find time for anything else
Damn, those dulcimers are gorgeous. Luthier is definitely on my dream list of hobbies that I know I’ll never have time for but would love to get into.
My problem is that I’ve always had more hobbies than time, and I keep seeming to accumulate new ones. The ones that I’ve stuck with are guitar/bass, fishing, hunting, gardening and brewing. I’m always looking for new experiences, so I find myself picking up new hobbies through friends. Some stick more than others.
It’s all in time management. I am married and have a teenager but these are my hobbies: dirt bikes, Harleys, shooting, cycling, running, swimming, RC helicopters, golf, snow skiing, Wakeboarding, and indoor rockclimbing. O0I
just don’t get to do anyone thing more than a few times a year…![]()
Biblical research
II Timothy 2:15
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
Spending time with Ralph. Training him and exercising him daily
Photography
guitar
chess
watching movies
roasting coffee beans
Looking at stuff in the sky through my telescope
playing on the internet
saltwater aquariums I suppose are at the top of my other hobbies, though I’ve slacked a bit as my brewing obsession peaked.

spend a little time actual gardening between aquatic gardening, and then fill what time I’ve got left with this little monster.
I used to scuba dive pretty often, but lately I barely have enough time for work, household chores, brewing, and spending time with my wife.
Saltwater fishing and cooking
You don’t fish at udubdawg’s house do you?
Nice bike Jim, I have a softail, just got back from a 5300 mile vacation. Guess bikes are my other hobby. Now that I have time, recently retired, I might get back into golfing.
brewing is no longer a hobby for me, but I have ventured off into fermented foods. Right now just sauerkraut and pickles but have plans to do kimchi and other fermented vegetables.
I also back pack, canoe, hike and am getting back into running after a 3 year hiatus. I have two dogs I walk and hike with daily. I have an 8 year old Great Dane in fantastic shape and an 11 year old “Mountain Dog” mix that will probably live forever.
2 kids, 2 dogs, 3 guinea pigs, a snake and now 4 kittens, not to mention a gold fish. Pretty much an all around zoo.
Oh, and I have a motorcycle that sits in the garage that I never ride. Used to be a daily commuter but now I have to haul kids and/or 50+ pounds of this or that around every day.
Gardening, canning, cooking, hunting, fishing, gathering, brewing- whatever supplies me and my family with the freshest, healthiest, best possible food and drink for free or cheap.
Also camping, backpacking, hiking, mountain biking, x-country skiing, traveling, nature observation, canoeing- whatever gets me outdoors and exercising.
In a nutshell, I like to do healthy outdoor things with friends and family that nourish mind, body, and soul.
Oh, and I like to watch the Philadelphia Eagles football.
You’re originally from Pa., right? What were you’re favorite hiking/backpacking trails up here?



